Agriculture - Liberal Arts

Agriculture - Liberal Arts

Your Future in Ag Starts Here!

If you're planning to pursue an agriculture, horticulture, or natural resources related degree after transferring to a four-year institution, you'll follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood.

Kirkwood has articulation agreements with many land-grant institutions offering degrees in agriculturally related programs to make it even easier to transfer. By working with your agricultural sciences advisor, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer school.

You'll complete general education and elective courses to prepare to transfer, while earning your Associate of Science (A.S.) degree. 

Apply Now Connect with Us

Kirkwood offers more than $3 million in scholarships for students each year, and there are many specifically for students enrolled in agricultural science programs. Students in some programs may also qualify for the tuition-free Last Dollar Scholarship and/or the Kibbie Grant.

To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in an agriculture, horticulture or natural resources related degree, you'll complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.S. degree.

Fulfilling electives with credits in agriculturally related courses helps you explore the discipline of agriculture, build your resume, and prepare for transfer.

An agriculture, horticulture, or natural resources degree can make you eligible for a wide range of opportunities.


Our knowledgeable Agricultural Sciences faculty and staff are available to discuss specific courses and areas of concentration so you can focus in on your future.

Agricultural Sciences
1000 Washington Hall