Not Anymore™

Kirkwood Community College prides ourselves on providing an enlightening college experience, which demands a safe and healthy student environment.

All students, excluding high school and non-degree seeking students, are required to view and complete Not Anymore™, an interactive online program designed for community college students to prevent sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking.

Not Anymore also provides students with information on Kirkwood’s sexual misconduct policy and student support services available on campus and in the community.

Student Success - Not Anymore™ Kirkwood's Sexual Harassment Procedures

Notice: The October 1 program completion deadline has been extended to November 1. This change will only be in effect for the Fall 2020 term.

All new Kirkwood students (excluding high school students) are required to complete the program by October 1 (summer and fall students) or March 1 (spring students). 

Kirkwood Community College is dedicated to creating a respectful, safe, and non-threatening environment for students, faculty, and staff.

This course will help you understand the types of behaviors that constitute sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence. Upon completion, you will be familiar with student support services available on campus and in the community.

  • The program will take approximately 60 minutes. Please note, you can start and stop the program. Save your work as you move along through the modules.
  • Funding for this program is supported by the Dean of Students Office. There is no cost for students.
  • The program is offered in English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Arabic closed captioning.

If you are a victim/survivor of sexual assault and feel that you are unable to complete the program, please contact Dean of Students Melissa Payne at 319-398-5584 or e-mail for alternative options.


Reporting Sexual Misconduct

When reporting sexual misconduct, including Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment, contacting police or Public Safety does not mean a student must pursue charges. Public Safety and local law enforcement can advise students of their options and preserve evidence while the person considers their options.

Reporting to Law Enforcement

Because sexual misconduct may constitute both a violation of college policy and criminal activity, the college strongly encourages, but does not require, students to report concerns of sexual misconduct to law enforcement as soon as possible after the incident. A student may proceed under this Policy whether or not he or she elects to report to law enforcement.

For emergencies, call 911. To contact law enforcement in non-emergency situations, call the non-emergency number for your local police department.

Reporting to Kirkwood

To seek assistance and support, or to report misconduct in non-emergency situations, contact the Dean of Students Office, 108 Iowa Hall, 319-398-5540 or Public Safety, 319-389-1774.

Submit a Silent Witness Report

Contact the Title IX Coordinator

Jon Buse, Vice President Student Services,
at: 319-398-4977, 114 Benton Hall on Cedar Rapids Main Campus.

Contact a Deputy Title IX Coordinator

  • Melissa Payne, Dean of Students, 319-398-5584, 2nd Floor Kirkwood Hall
  • Melissa Jensen, Senior Director of Emergency Services and Public Safety, 319-398-5491
  • Bobbi Miller, Associate Dean of Students, 319-398-7798, 2nd Floor Kirkwood Hall
  • Caitlyn Miller, Student Assistance and Title IX Officer, 319-398-4489, 2nd Floor Kirkwood Hall

Public Safety

Public Safety provides services 24 hours a day and can respond to reports of emergencies. The department works closely with law enforcement and can assist students understanding their options for reporting incidents and assisting students in contacting local law enforcement to report an incident of sexual misconduct.

Contacting Public Safety or law enforcement does not mean a student must pursue criminal charges.

Public Safety can also assist students in safety planning and provides escorts to students while on campus. Call Public Safety at 319-389-1774.

Dean of Students Office

Staff can assist a student in filing a report or, if the student is not ready to file a report, the staff can work with him or her to address concerns over housing, class assignments or schedules, leave of absence, withdrawal, or other academic concerns.

Frequently Asked Questions

New students will receive an email to their Kirkwood student email account from the ‘Dean of Students’ with information on how to access the program.

Log in to Not Anymore

You must achieve a score of at least 75% on the post-test, or repeat the course until you score 75%, to pass.

Kirkwood Community College prohibits discrimination in educational programs on the basis of disability. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in this educational program, please contact Learning Services at 319-398-5574.

Dean of Students staff can also assist the student in notifying Campus Security or local law enforcement, if requested by the student, in addition to assisting students with filing reports.

We can also provide referrals to resources such as counseling or a confidential advocate.

Kirkwood Counseling Services

Students can meet with a counselor during normal business hours. Services are free and confidential.

Cedar Rapids Campus: 319-398-5540, 108 Iowa Hall

Iowa City Campus: 319-887-3658

Contact Counseling Services


Riverview Center (Cedar Rapids)

Riverview Center provides trained advocates to assist victims of sexual assault. Advocates can assist students with medical and legal advocacy, counseling, and case management. Advocates can speak with students confidentially as they consider their options.

Any communication with a Riverview Center advocate is legally protected under Iowa Code Section 915.20, which allows for confidential communications that cannot be disclosed without the student’s permission.

50 2nd Ave Bridge
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401


Sexual Assault Hotline

(24 hours a day) 888-557-0310


Waypoint Services

Waypoint provides shelter and support for women and families in crisis due to domestic violence or sexual assault.

318 5th Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401


24 Hour Crisis & Support Line

800-208-0388 or 319-363-2093


RVAP (Iowa City and Surrounding Counties)

RVAP is a comprehensive sexual abuse response center based in Iowa City. RVPA provides support, information and advocacy to members of the Iowa City community and citizens of the following areas: Cedar County, Iowa County, Johnson County, Washington County.

332 S. Linn Street, Suite 100
Iowa City, IA 52240
319-335-6000 or 800-228-1625


In non-emergency situations, contact or consult the Dean of Students.

Melissa Payne, Dean of Students: 319-398-5584

Bobbi Miller, Associate Dean of Students: 319-398-7798

Caitlyn Miller, Student Assistance and Title IX Officer, 319-398-4489, 2nd Floor Kirkwood Hall