Get ready to walk across that stage!
Just two easy steps and you're ready to participate in Kirkwood's commencement:
1. Purchase your cap and gown through the Kirkwood Bookstore. Cost is $29.
2. Show up! Arrive at the US Cellular Center, dressed in your cap and gown and ready to go, no later than 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 17. Parking is available in the 5 Seasons Parking Ramps for $3, or park in the street for free.
If you wish to purchase annoucements, you can order them at www.herffjones.com/college/kirkwoodcc.
May 17, 2014 | 10 a.m. | US Celluar Center, 370 1st Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids | Map
Kirkwood commencement exercises are held once each year in May. Students who completed or will complete their programs in Fall 2013, Spring 2014 or Summer 2014 terms are invited and encouraged to attend the May ceremony. Participation is voluntary. Check back in April for additional details about the ceremony.
Your award will be mailed to you when semester grades are recorded and evaluated, approximately four to six weeks after the end of the term.
Sign up here to create an alumni user ID and password so we can stay in touch!
If you have not applied for graduation...
It's quick and easy to apply for graduation. Here are the steps:
1. Log into EagleNet for Students with your k number and password.
2. Under Academic Profile, click Degree Audit. Within the Degree Audit screen, click your program and click submit.
3. On the first page of your audit, locate Program Status. It should say Pending (Anticipated Complete).
4. Go back to EagleNet for Students. Under the Academic Planning heading, click Graduation Application. Complete the survey first, which will require you to re-log into EagleNet to complete the rest of the application.
If your audit doesn’t show the pending status, but you're sure you should be ready to graduate, contact your advisor immediately.
Credentials you can use!
If you're close to graduating from Kirkwood but will transfer to a four-year school prior to graduating, have your new school send your transcript back to us once you finish the classes that will complete your Kirkwood degree.
Or, if you are planning to attend one of Iowa's three public universities, choose the "Reverse Transfer" option on your application. Doing this will let that school know that you would like your transcript sent to Kirkwood to complete degree requirements. Your Kirkwood degree looks great on a resume!
When You're a Proud Kirkwood Alum
Join our group at www.kirkwood.edu/linkedinalum to keep plugged in to Kirkwood news, events and updates tailored especially for you – our alumni!