HOME | APPLY | CHECK AWARD STATUS | SEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS | HOW TO APPLY | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|Tips for Writing Thank You Letters
Once you get notification of receiving a scholarship, it is important to write the donor a thank you note.
Here are few tips to help you with your letter.
- Letters can be handwritten or typed, either on a note card or plain paper.
- Be sure to address your letter to the appropriate scholarship or to the Scholarship Committee.
- Your letter should be genuine and sincere.
- Take the time to write more than just a few sentences.
- Write a separate thank you for each scholarship you receive.
- Thank the donor(s) for the specific scholarship(s) you receive.
- Explain how the scholarship(s) will help you pursue your educational goals.
- Share your long-term goal with achieving your college degree.
- Sign your name and do not include your address.
- Include your scholarship offer acknowledgement with your thank you letter(s).
MAIL YOUR THANK YOU LETTERS TO:
Kirkwood Community College
6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Kirkwood Foundation | 319-398-5442 | email@example.com