HOME | COURSE WORK | TRANSFER & ADVISING | CAREERS & RESOURCES | PEOPLE | SCHOLARSHIPS | CLUBS
Take advantage of your share of more than $3 million in scholarship opportunities. At Kirkwood, we make it easy. You only need to apply once, even if you are eligible for more than one scholarship.
COMPUTER SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
ACT Endowed Scholarship Program at Kirkwood Community College
Jim and Patricia Nemmers Endowed Scholarships
- Preference given to students with strong and demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Must be pursuing an A.A. or A.S. degree with career interest in Science (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Physics); Technology (Computer Science, Computer Software Development); Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Communications/Media/Public Relations, Early Childhood Education, English, Liberal Arts (with an emphasis in STEM), Paralegal, Psychology, Sociology, or pre-professional STEM programs (e.g., nursing, health, wellness).
- Preference given to students representing broadly diverse backgrounds, such as: economic, diversity, including single parents; diversity of experience, including international, multicultural, LGBT, and other diverse backgrounds; disability, ethnic diversity; and diversity of culture and thought.
- Recipients must participate in at least one volunteer activity during the year on behalf of ACT.
- Recipients must reapply for second year of funding.
NSF STEM Scholars Program
- Preference given to a graduate of Cedar Rapids Metro High School.
- Must be a full-time student who has completed one year in one of the following areas and be pursuing an A.A. or A.S. degree with career interest in Science (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Physics); Technology (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems; Engineering or Mathematics.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Students must be enrolled full-time, in one of the following transfer programs of study: Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Exercise Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology – or be enrolled in one of the following career technical programs: Agriculture Graphic Information Systems, CAD/Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Electronic Engineering Technology, Geographic Information Systems, LAN Management, Parks and Natural Resources, Telecommunication Technology.
- Must have satisfactorily completed prerequisite course work with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Students new to Kirkwood meeting minimum requirements may be asked to submit high school and college transcripts.
- Must be citizens of the United States, nationals of the United States, aliens admitted as refugees, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as determined by the U.S. Department of Education for need-based federal financial aid.
See what other scholarships you are eligible for!