HOME | COURSE WORK | TRANSFER & ADVISING | CAREERS & RESOURCES | PEOPLE | SCHOLARSHIPS | CLUBS
Take advantage of your share of more than $3 million in scholarship opportunities. At Kirkwood, we make it easy. You only need to apply once, even if you are eligible for more than one scholarship.
SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
ACT Endowed Scholarship Program at Kirkwood Community College
- Preference given to students with strong and demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Must be pursuing an A.A. or A.S. degree with career interest in Science (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Physics); Technology (Computer Science, Computer Software Development); Engineering or Mathematics.
- Preference given to students representing broadly diverse backgrounds, such as: economic, diversity, including single parents; diversity of experience, including international, multicultural, LGBT, and other diverse backgrounds; disability, ethnic diversity; and diversity of culture and thought.
- Recipients must participate in at least one volunteer activity during the year on behalf of ACT.
- Recipients must reapply for second year of funding.
- Must be pursuing an A.S. degree with career interest in biotechnology or biology.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Recipients will be invited for a plant tour.
Ervin Poduska Memorial Math & Science Scholarship
- Must have a minimum 3.25 grade point average.
- Must be pursuing an A.S. degree with career interest in mathematics, biology, chemistry or physics.
- Must indicate how your interest in math or science developed, reasons for majoring in math or science and your career goals.
NSF STEM Scholars Program
- Students must be enrolled full-time, in one of the following transfer programs of study: Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Exercise Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology – or be enrolled in one of the following career technical programs: Agriculture Graphic Information Systems, CAD/Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Electronic Engineering Technology, Geographic Information Systems, LAN Management, Parks and Natural Resources, Telecommunication Technology.
- Must have satisfactorily completed prerequisite course work with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Students new to Kirkwood meeting minimum requirements may be asked to submit high school and college transcripts.
- Must be citizens of the United States, nationals of the United States, aliens admitted as refugees, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as determined by the U.S. Department of Education for need-based federal financial aid.
Wilmar Jansma Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Must be enrolled at the Iowa City campus in a science-related program or pursuing an A.S. degree with career interest in a science field.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at Kirkwood.
See what other scholarships you are eligible for!