About Us Scholarships Student Success Make a Gift Donor Recognition Alumni & Friends News
Did you know? The Kirkwood Foundation...
- Is one of the largest community college scholarship programs in the country with more than $3.2 million in scholarships awarded annually to students from all walks of life. Every Kirkwood student is eligible to apply, and over $24 million has been awarded in the past ten years.
- Has total assets of $35.5 million as of June 2019, which includes $32.5 million in investments.
- Administers 350 scholarship funds, including 192 endowments.
- Has 400 members in the Samuel J. Kirkwood Society, comprised of individuals who have either created a planned gift or endowed their gift to Kirkwood, KCCK-FM or the Older Iowans Fund.
- Has 225 members in the President's Circle, comprised of donors who make a minimum cash gift of $1,000 to the Foundation each fiscal year, July 1 to June 30.
- Supports Kirkwood events and staff and faculty development such as the Endowed Faculty Chair program, Annual Endowed Lecture Series and Passport to Retirement seminars.
- Has facilitated $10 million in departmental program support and in-kinds gifts in the past ten years, enabling Kirkwood to maintain its tradition of excellence in the classroom.