This checklist is a guide for several of the things you should do in preparation for orientation and
registration. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, but it does organize a number of tasks that are required as you transition to Kirkwood. It is also important that you carefully read all materials you receive from Kirkwood.
What to do before orientation:
- Know your Kirkwood identification number (k-number). Bring it with you so you can access MyHub, Kirkwood’s student portal. Your k-number was provided on your acceptance letter and your orientation invitation.
- Submit your current ACT scores or take a free placement exam at Kirkwood. This is required to register for classes. Call 319-398-5456 or visit www.kirkwood.edu/testcenter for exam times, locations and other requirements. Math scores are valid for two years. Reading and writing scores remain valid for three years.
Send any college transcripts to the One Stop office.If you have completed courses at another college or university, send official transcripts to Kirkwood One Stop Office, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404. Students who have completed college-level writing and math are exempt from the placement exam requirement.
- Establish your password and activate your account. Go to www.kirkwood.edu/myhub. Activate your MyHub account by clicking “Establish My Password.” Once MyHub is active:
- Verify the accuracy of your program. Click on “Education” then “My Programs.”
- Review and update your personal information. Click on the user link at the top-right of the Hub, then “My Account” to update your address, phone, and preferred name.
- If you took the ACT or SAT, verify that your scores were received. Click, “Eaglenet,” then “EagleNet for Students”. Look for Academic Profile and click “Test Summary,” to verify your scores are on file. If you have not submitted your scores, you should contact ACT or Collegeboard directly and have your scores sent to the One Stop office.
- Check your Kirkwood email regularly. Kirkwood student email is the official method of communication between you and the college. Don't miss out on important information that you will need. You can access your email account on the front page of MyHub.
If you have difficulty accessing the Hub, call the Kirkwood Student Help Desk at 319-398-7624 or call toll free 1-800-634-6581.
If you wish to pay for classes using financial aid, make sure you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click on “Check Status” on MyHub for all financial aid updates. Students are strongly encouraged to complete direct deposit information. Click on “Account Summary” then “My Bill” and “Direct Deposit” under Refunds.
- If you have any questions, call your academic department at one of the numbers listed below.
What to bring to orientation:
If applying for financial aid, you may need:
- Photo Identification (required to obtain a student ID).
- Unofficial grade reports of any college classes taken prior to attending Kirkwood.
- FSA ID and password for student and parent
- Student tax information and personal information such as driver’s license and social security card
- Parent tax information and personal information such as date of birth, social security card, marital status date, etc.
Click here to register for orientation.
Kirkwood Academic Departments