This checklist is a guide for several of the things you should do in preparation for orientation and registration. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, but it does organize a number of tasks that are required as you transition to Kirkwood. It is also important that you carefully read all materials you receive from Kirkwood.
What to do before orientation:
- Know your Kirkwood identification number (k number). Bring it with you so you can access EagleNet, our online registration system. Your k number was provided on your acceptance letter and your orientation invitation.
- Complete the ACT or COMPASS exam. This is required to register for classes. The COMPASS exam can be taken at any Kirkwood location. Call 319-398-5456 or visit www.kirkwood.edu/testcenter for exam times, locations and other requirements.
- Go to eaglenet.kirkwood.edu. Activate your EagleNet account by clicking “EagleNet for Students” then “Establish My Password.”
- Verify the accuracy of your program, address and phone number. Click on “Academic Profile” then “My Profile”
- If you took the ACT, verify that your scores were received. Click, “Academic Profile,” then “Test Summary,” to verify your ACT scores are on file. If you have not submitted your ACT scores, you should contact ACT at www.actstudent.org and have your scores sent to the Kirkwood One Stop office.
- Activate your Kirkwood email account at www.kirkwood.edu/email. Your email password will be the same as the EagleNet password you established.
If you have difficulty establishing your EagleNet or email account, call the Kirkwood Help Desk at 319-398-1264.
Kirkwood student email is the official method of communication between you and the college. Don't miss out on important information that you will need.
Send any college transcripts to the One Stop office. If you have already taken college courses, ask the previous college to send your official transcript to Kirkwood One Stop Office, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404.
- If you wish to pay for classes using financial aid, make sure you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students receiving financial aid are strongly encouraged to complete direct deposit information by logging into EagleNet for Students.
- If you have any questions, call your academic department at one of the numbers listed below.
What to bring to orientation:
- Photo Identification (required to obtain a student ID).
- Unofficial grade reports of any college classes taken prior to attending Kirkwood.
Click here to register for orientation.
Kirkwood Academic Departments
Peer Leader Info