You can complete an entire online course in just six weeks! Classes begin Dec. 16, 2019. Registration opens in November. Check back for more information soon.
Sign-up for Winter Break Classes will open Nov. 4, 2019 and close Dec. 15, 2019.
If you’re not currently a Kirkwood student:
- Apply for Admission: Complete the New Student Application. If you are planning to transfer credit back to the college you currently attend, indicate yourself as a Not Seeking a Kirkwood Degree under Academic Program. Get more information on our Guest Student Checklist.
- Set up your Kirkwood account. After you apply, your k-number (official Kirkwood identification number) will be available for you to access online. Instructions on how to set up your account will be sent to you via email.
- Provide Placement Test Scores:
Learn more about our placement test score requirements here. You can also take a free placement test at Kirkwood. Call 319-398-5456 or your nearest Kirkwood location for testing details.
- Register for courses. Using your k-number and password, log in to MyHub and choose the "Search the Course Catalog" link under My Schedule. From there, you'll be able to search for and add courses to your schedule.
- If you’ve attended Kirkwood in the past, but are not currently attending, you’ll need to submit a major change.
- Student support services will be limited to the instructor during the college break.
- Credit counts and shows on your transcript for the spring term—students must work with Enrollment Services if they need these courses to show on transfer materials.
- Enrollment is limited to 20 students per course; one course per student. Waitlist available.
Contact Distance Learning