Get ahead by taking a class over holiday break
You can complete an entire online course in just six weeks! Classes begin Dec. 17, 2018 and end Jan. 25, 2019.
Sign-up for Winter Break Classes opens Nov. 5, 2018 and closes Dec. 16, 2018.
If you’re not currently a Kirkwood student:
- Apply for Admission: Complete the New Student Application. If you are not planning to use financial aid, indicate yourself as a Non-Degree Seeking Student to bypass the application requirements.
- Establish your EagleNet password
: Go to EagleNet, click on EagleNet for Students, then click Establish my Password.
- Provide Placement Test Scores:
Learn more about our placement test score requirements here. You can also take a free placement test at Kirkwood. Call 319-398-5456 or your nearest Kirkwood location for testing details.
- Log in to EagleNet to register for your course(s)
. Download the “how-to” here.
- If you’ve attended Kirkwood in the past, but are not currently attending, you’ll need to submit a major change.
- Student support services will be limited to the instructor during the college break (Dec. 24, 2018—Jan. 2, 2019).
- Credit counts and shows on your transcript for the Spring 2019 term—students must work with Enrollment Services if they need these courses to show on transfer materials.
- Please be sure you have submitted the Student Consent form in EagleNet prior to requesting registration.
- Enrollment is limited to 20 students per course; one course per student. Waitlist available.
Contact Distance Learning
Registration can be completed online through EagleNet.
Click on the course name to view the description.
NEW! - Financial Accounting ACC-152 - Monitored exams required
Managerial Accounting ACC-156 - Monitored exams required
Cultural Anthropology ANT-105
Art Appreciation ART-101
Art History I ART-203
Nutrition BIO-151 - Monitored exams required
Human Biology BIO-154
Introduction to Business BUS-102
Introduction to Building Information Modeling CAD-201
NEW! - Introduction to Chemistry CHM-110
Introduction to Criminal Justice CRJ-100
Introduction to Computers CSC-110
NEW! - Film Analysis DRA-116
NEW! - Principles of Microeconomics ECN-130
Composition II ENG-106
Environmental Science ENV-115
Ancient Mediterranean World HIS-121
U.S. History to 1877 HIS-151
U.S. History Since 1877 HIS-152
Popular Culture HUM-142
Forms of Literature: Fiction LIT-206
Forms of Literature: Poetry LIT-207
Literature and Culture: American Dreams LIT-222
Algebra Mastery 1 MAT-707 - Monitored exams required
Algebra Mastery 2 MAT-708 - Monitored exams required
Principles of Management MGT-101
Time Management in the Workplace MGT-140
Music Appreciation MUS-100
Introduction to Law PRL-103
Introduction to Psychology PSY-111
Developmental Psychology PSY-121 - Monitored exams required
Survey of World Religions REL-101
Introduction to Sociology SOC-110
Marriage and Family SOC-120
Fundamentals of Oral Communication SPC-101