Frequently Asked Questions

Parks and Natural Resources

What kind of job can I get with this degree?

Conservation Officer, Park Ranger, Naturalist, Park Maintenance, Watershed Management, etc.

How can I improve my chances of getting a job in this field?
Actively participate in volunteer activities, parks-related organizations and on-campus clubs. Not only will you gain valuable work-related experience, but you’ll make some great industry contacts also. Working a seasonal job at a part or in conservation is a good idea, too.

What can I do with my degree if I don’t want to work in a park?
You can work in conservation law enforcement, environmental education and with private organizations specializing in land protection and watershed management, just to name a few.