Frequently Asked Questions
Agriculture Business

After I get an A.A.S. degree in Agriculture Business, can I transfer to a four year institution?
Yes, students transfer to Iowa State University with 65 credits from Kirkwood and in most cases, start as a junior at the four year institution. Other four year programs are: Northwest Missouri State, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Western Illinois University and South Dakota State University.

What jobs are available with an A.S.S. degree in Agriculture Business?
Graduates with Agribusiness degrees can obtain jobs in a variety of different career opportunities.

Some examples are: 

  • Ag Banks and Credit Unions
  • Crop Scouting
  • Cooperatives
  • Fertilizer Applications
  • Custom Applicators
  • Ag Delivery Service
  • Feed Mixing
  • Data Collection from research/analysis

Where do students usually complete their internship?
Our students have interned at large farming operations, fertilizer application and distribution companies, grain elevators and feed mills, and with agriculture businesses. Other students interned as sales representatives for the chemical, seed, fertilizer, pesticide, equipment and livestock industries.

Who do I contact if I have more questions about the program, careers within the program or questions about Kirkwood?
Contact Cydney Lovell, Department Coordinator at (319) 398-7635 or Holly Feldmann, Department Coordinator at (319) 398-4952.