|1. Before you start the online application process, identify and speak to your references (personal and teacher).
*We will be accepting internship applications during various times. Please view "Explore Internship Opportunities" by county to learn more.
Your personal reference should be a non-related adult whom you have known outside of the school environment and who can vouch for your personal character and work ethic. Your teacher reference should be a teacher who knows your abilities well and can speak to your strengths in an academic area that relates to your internship. Ask all references for their permission to use them as a reference on your application. Be sure to obtain their correct email addresses and allow appropriate time for them to complete the reference process by the application due date.
*Please understand sometimes these requests drop into junk/spam folders. Make your references aware of this.
2. Please have the information below ready in order to complete your application:
Verify the correct email address for all contacts. This process is online, so if the email addresses are wrong, the application will not go through.
- Parent/Guardian Email Address
- Teacher Reference Email Address
- Personal Reference Email Address
3. Click here for the application.
We recommend Chrome, Safari or Firefox as your browser.
I have never completed a job shadow or internship.
Please create your student account under New User
I have completed a job shadow or internship with WLC
Please login under Returning User
. If you can't remember your log-in information, click Can't Access Account
to reset the password. A link to change your password will be sent to the email address you have on file with WLC. Your school's WLC program contact will have that information or simply contact a WLC staff member
for that information.
Applications will not be considered complete until all approval and references are received.
- You will be directed to your Dashboard page. Click on Add Internship Request. During the application process you may save information and return later if needed. After you have completed the process, check the status of your application on your Dashboard page. It is your responsibility to regularly check your Dashboard to ensure timely responses from your parent/guardian and references. If they have not received the referral requests, please ask them to check their "Junk or SPAM" email folders.
- Select three internship opportunities. If three are not available in your area of interest, select Workplace Learning Connection-Site Under Development. If you are requesting a new site that is not listed, please use the New Request box. Make sure to include as much detail as possible (ie, business name, contact person, contact phone or email address). All application requirements and recommendations must be completed and received by 3 p.m. of the session due date.
This class will appear on your school transcript. You may earn elective credit upon completion of the course requirements from your high school program. Very few internships are paid and, if they are, you are hired by the company. Financial payment is not an expectation of this program.