Textbook required: "Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care 3rd or 4th Edition," Hedman (ISBN 978-1-60425-041-1or 978-1-6045-074-9).
1. Physical exam including TB, Td, seasonal influenza (Oct. - Mar.), and documentation of Hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver of Hepatitis vaccine. This is due on the first day of class. Please hand into your instructor.
2. Student must be at least 16 years of age.
3. 100% attendance is required to earn a certificate of completion.
4. Per state regulations a criminal background check must be performed at least 48 business hours before the first day of class. *Included in tuition is a non-refundable $20 background check fee
5. Students with a history of a back condition or students who are pregnant are required to have a doctor’s release stating No Lifting Restrictions to enter the clinical rotation.
Additional Costs: Physical, uniform of Galaxy blue scrubs and white leather type tennis shoes for clinic area, and a watch with second hand.
If tuition is to be billed to a facility, the facility will need to complete a sponsorship billing form and fax to 319-398-7185 prior to registration.
Standard Refund Policy applies:
Refunds will be issued to students who drop the class at least one business day prior to the class start date. No credit will be issued for classes dropped on or after the class start date.