The Kirkwood Washington County Regional Center is a community college right in your backyard - literally! We’re proud to offer resources and services valuable to every community member we serve. Whether you are looking to complete a college degree, earn your high school equivalency diploma, learn English language skills, or simply take continuing education classes for your own interest or for recertification, we have it all!
Kirkwood has been a presence in Washington County since 1968; that same year, we offered the first college credit course at Washington High School. We’ve grown a lot over the years: in the fall of 2014, the newly-constructed Washington County Regional Center opened to students on Lexington Boulevard. This facility allows for expansion of programming to meet community needs.
Traditional programming that Kirkwood has always brought to the community is thriving at the Washington County Regional Center. Certificate programs, personal interest continuing education, traditional college courses, and more are all available.
What we offer:
• General Liberal Arts and Science transfer courses
• College readiness assessment, placement exams, National Career Readiness Certification
• Adult High School diploma and HiSET
• Washington Regional Alternative Program (WRAP) - an alternative high school program for students in partner school districts. To determine eligibility, a student should contact their high school regarding the application process.
• Adult Literacy and English as a Second Language courses
• Writing lab, developmental math emporium, test center and tutor center
• Financial aid services, academic advising and career counseling
All under one roof!
Washington County Regional Center
2192 Lexington Blvd., Washington, Iowa 52353
Phone: 319-653-4655 | Tera Pickens, Director, 319-653-4655