- Demonstrate ability to manage and coordinate staff and operations in various hotel departments.
- Employ coaching techniques to successfully train various line-level positions in rooms and food and beverage divisions by conducting effective training sessions.
- Demonstrate effective customer service strategies through interactions with guests and vendors, and extend these principles to interactions with superiors, subordinates and peers.
- Calculate and interpret fundamental hospitality cost bases including food and beverage percentages, scheduling and labor costs, yield management analysis, costs associated with inventory control and variances from budgeted costs.
- Assess forecasting and revenue generation data produced by industry tools to make effective operational decisions.
- Manage operational departments of the hotel and synthesize knowledge by applying personal leadership skills through successful performance of manager-on-duty responsibilities.
- Exhibit understanding of laws related to the hospitality sector, including alcohol liability and patron care responsibilities pertaining to guest service and staff training.
- Inspect appropriate sanitation and safety measures in order to minimize the risks associated with food borne illness.