- Employ proficiency pertaining to the care and use of an industry-standard range of professional knives.
- Operate and safely control commercial food service equipment significant to the hospitality industry.
- Utilize classical cooking methods to design, produce, plate, and critically analyze the quality of dishes for diverse foodservice outlets and meal periods that include short order and banquet production.
- Demonstrate fabrication and preparation proficiency related to a variety of seafood, meat, poultry and game proteins.
- Distinguish between, and successfully utilize, a wide array of international food preparation techniques and ingredients.
- Compare and assess both nutritional and food cost value related to menu design and the purchase of products for the food service industry.
- Employ appropriate sanitation and safety measures in order to minimize the risks associated with food borne illness.
- Calculate and interpret fundamental food service cost bases including food and beverage percentages and costs associated with inventory management.