- Identify, safely operate, and maintain a variety of commercial hand tools and equipment used in a professional bakery.
- Accurately measure ingredients in accordance with standardized recipes using weights, measures and conversions.
- Determine differences between fundamental ingredients and explain how they interact during the baking process.
- Demonstrate proficient use of classical baking methods and cake decorating techniques to produce a variety of saleable bakery products.
- Employ appropriate sanitation and safety measures in order to minimize the risks associated with food borne illness.
- Calculate and interpret fundamental production mathematical and cost bases including food cost percentages, yield analysis, recipe conversions and costs associated with inventory management.