Humane Officer Training
- Students can apply up to one year out from the start date of the program. Veterinary Assistant and Humane Officer programs begin in the fall term. The Veterinary Technician program begins in the summer term. Click on www.kirkwood.edu/apply to apply.
- All students will be required to take the HESI entrance exam and pass with minimum cut scores prior to being accepted into the program. Students will be able to make two attempts at this exam. HESI study materials can be found at:
- The HESI entrance exam needs to be taken at the Test Center, 2055 Cedar Hall, which is located on main campus. The test will not be available until January 9, 2017. Students should allow four hours to complete the entire exam. HESI is a test of general knowledge in the following subjects:
- Reading Comprehension
The exam also contains a personality profile portion that identifies your learning style. This portion of the test is not considered in program admission, but will provide you with important information that can increase your academic success.
- Students must also attend a program conference. This is a meeting with the faculty to outline details and expectations of your specific program. You can register for a program online at www.kirkwood.edu/agpc.
- For any additional questions or concerns regarding the entrance requirements for Kirkwood Small Animal Health programs, please contact Cydney Lovell at 319-398-7635 or email@example.com.