Link to Kirkwood Community College

Liberal Arts Chemistry Transfer
Students planning to pursue a Chemistry degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts Associate of Science program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing mathematics, science, general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer. Math and science courses can apply toward the elective requirements needed for the Associate of Science degree.
Academic Advising: Students interested in studying Chemistry can work with the Advising and Transfer Center staff for course selection or with the Math/Science department coordinator. Kirkwood has articulation agreements with all three state universities and many other four-year institutions in the state. It is recommended that you work closely with your advisor to ensure that you are aware of specific requirements for the institution you will attend, such as foreign language, laboratory science, diversity and grade point average.
Scholarships: Several Kirkwood awards are designated for students interested in a Science,Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field: National Science Foundation S-STEM scholarship, Rockwell Collins STEM Scholarship, ACT Endowed Scholarship, Rohde Family Engineering Scholarship, Shive-Hattery Engineering Scholarship, Ervin Poduska Memorial Math and Science Scholarship, Gene Phillips Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Genecor Scholarship, Highway Equipment Company Endowed Scholarship, Giacoletto Foundation Scholarship, and Jim and Patricia Nemmers Endowed Scholarship. To view the process, click here.
Transfer Plan: To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in Chemistry, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.S. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in Chemistry classes provides opportunities to build your resume and prepare for transfer. To view the plan, click here.
For more information contact:
Trina Weiland, Department Coordinator
1184 Linn Hall
319-398-5516, ext. 7683 |
Advising and Transfer Center - Cedar Rapids Main Campus
108 Iowa Hall
319-398-5540 |

Student Services - Iowa City Campus
112 Credit Center