The mission of Kirkwood’s Tutoring Services is to provide academic support to all students enrolled at Kirkwood Community College, creating an open environment of learning for students.
- Provide free tutoring for students.
- Maintain non-discriminatory practices in operations and services.
- Tutoring Services will work with a variety of campus and community resources to provide effective learning opportunities for culturally diverse, first generation, non-traditional, physically challenged, and at risk populations in addition to all other student demographics.
- Provide a welcoming and safe learning environment where students can seek instruction to become self confident learners.
- Staff and tutors will come to work each day prepared to help all Kirkwood students gain knowledge to improve performance.
- Offer a variety of tutoring format options to meet location and time constraints of our learners.
- Serve 100 percent of credit student tutor requests.
- Through the CRLA certified tutor training program, provide our tutors with opportunities for professional development.
- Maintain and expand our study skills program.
- Staff the tutoring computer lab with trained personnel and maintain current software compatible to campus-wide learning.
- Provide professional development opportunities to faculty and staff in order to keep current with academic trends.
- Regularly assess effectiveness of program services through faculty/staff and tutor/learner evaluations.
- Maintain academic standards consistent with the institution.
- Meet yearly budget goals.