The EagleCard is your official Kirkwood ID.
You need it for:
- Buying books at the Kirkwood bookstores
- Selling books at buy-back time
- Registering for class (if an advisor is helping you)
- Checking out books at the Kirkwood library
- Requesting a bill, transcript, copy of your class schedule,
or change of name or address (in person)
- Admittance to the Kirkwood Rec Center, computer labs,
and athletic or entertainment events
You are required to have your card with you while on any Kirkwood campus.
You may be asked to show your EagleCard at any time.
Kirkwood students can ride Cedar Rapids city bus routes 7 and 11 for free, with a bus sticker. Bus stickers are free and will need to be updated each year. Stop by the EagleCard office with your EagleCard and get your sticker.
How to put money on your EagleCard:
Use your EagleCard like a debit card. Deposit funds into your EagleCard account, then use it around campus. Funds can be deposited onto an EagleCard as either "EagleCash" or "Café Dollars."
- EagleCash can be used at the Kirkwood Bookstores, EagleTech, The Café and at off-campus vendors.
- Café Dollars can only be used for purchases at the Café on the Cedar Rapids main campus.
EagleCard Deposit Centers
Currency and credit/debit deposits can be loaded on your EagleCard at any of our EagleCard Deposit Centers.
Deposit Centers are located:
- Iowa Hall lobby (Deposit Machine/PHIL)
- Second floor, Kirkwood Hall (The Cashier)
- The EagleCard office (104 Iowa Hall)
- Iowa City Campus lobby (Deposit Machine/PHIL)
- Online: Click here to deposit money online
Funds can be added to the EagleCard in the form of cash or credit/debit card in an amount of $1 or more at any time at any EagleCard Deposit Center. EagleCard Deposit Centers accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Cash, credit/debit card and personal check deposits will be accepted during normal business hours at the Cashier desk on the second floor of Kirkwood Hall and the EagleCard office.
By Phone (319) 398-5680
You can call the EagleCard office during normal business hours to add funds to an EagleCard debit account with Master Card, Visa or Discover.
You can even mail a personal check for deposit to an EagleCard debit account.
- Include the EagleCard holder's full name and EagleCard number (k number).
- Write “EagleCard Debit Account deposit” in the check’s memo section.
- Mail to: Kirkwood Community College, EagleCard office -104 Iowa Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-2068.
The EagleCard office will accept EagleCard account deposits, meal plan purchases and answer your questions. We are located in 104 Iowa Hall.
Where to use it:
If you choose to deposit funds onto your EagleCard, you can use those funds on campus and in the community. Funds are accepted at the Café on the Cedar Rapids main campus, Kirkwood Bookstores and EagleTech. Plus you can even use it to pay tuition and parking tickets.
U.S. Bank and Your EagleCard
You have the option of making your EagleCard your ATM card by opening a checking account at U.S. Bank, www.usbank.com/campus/kirkwood.html.
For your convenience the Kirkwood Community College Branch of U.S. Bank is located at 240 Iowa Hall.