The Associate Degree Nursing portion of the program is 3 semesters in length. Students may select the ADN day or evening/weekend program. LPN license is required.
No wait list!
Steps to enter the RN Program:
1. Apply to Kirkwood. Students who transfer to enter the second year of the program must first apply for the Associate Degree program. Go to www.kirkwood.edu/apply to select Nursing as your plan of study.
2. Send Transcripts. Transfer students will need to have all LPN transcripts sent to Kirkwood Enrollment Services. After your transcripts have arrived, you will need to make an appointment with our lead advisor, Lauri Hughes, to analyze your transcripts. Please call 319-398-5563 to make this appointment.
Kirkwood Community College
6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
3. Attend a Nursing Program Conference.
4. Submit 3 letters of reference. Students who transfer to enter the Associate Degree level will be required to submit a letter of reference regarding theory, clinical, and overall student conduct from the chair of the transferring institution. The letter should include the studentís eligibility to continue on to the AD level of the transferring institution. The other two letters of reference will include a professional and a personal letter of reference.
5. Complete pre-requisites. Completion of PSY-111 Intro to Psychology, PSY-121 Developmental Psychology, SPC-101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication, HSC-191 Professional Roles I and BIO-151 Nutrition are required in order to enter the ADN Day Program. Additional courses are required for the ADN Evening Weekend Program; BIO-186 Microbiology, Humanities Elective, ENG-105 Composition I and SOC-110 Intro to Sociology.
Required GPA of 2.5 is required for admission. Students are accepted into RN level courses upon a space available basis.