ADDITIONAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Health Information Technology
To get into the Health Information Technology program/Medical Coding program/Medical Transcription program, you must meet the following additional standards. These steps/requirements are in addition to Kirkwood's steps to become a student.
- Attend Program Conference
- Apply to program
- HIT and Medical Coding students must complete prerequisite courses with a minimum C- or better:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credit)
- Medical Terminology (4 credit)
- Introduction to Computers (3 credit)
- Have placement test scores or course equivalents on file with Allied Health office
If college level placement is not met, students are recommended to meet with an advisor. Kirkwood and HIT/Medical Coding/Medical Transcription admissions policies and procedures are subject to change at anytime. After all admissions criteria is met, students are accepted or placed on the waitlist to the appropriate program.