To get into the Surgical Technology program, you must meet the following additional standards. These steps/requirements are in addition to Kirkwood's steps to become a student.
- Attend Program Conference
- Apply to program
- ATI TEAS Test with required Adjusted Individual Score of 67.3%
- Completion of Dental Hygiene pre-requisite courses with a C- or better:
- Introduction to Chemistry (3 credit)
- Introduction to Chemistry Lab (1 credit)
- Anatomy and Physiology I w/Lab (4 credit)
- Applied Math (3 credit or equivalent)
- Microcomputer Literacy (1 credit or equivalent)
- Have placement test scores or course equivalents on file with Allied Health office
If college level placement is not met, students are recommended to meet with an advisor. Kirkwood and Dental Hygiene admissions policies and procedures are subject to change at anytime. After all admissions criteria is met, students are accepted or placed on the waitlist to the Dental Hygiene program.