Taken from The Policy for Responsible Use of Information Technology, Kirkwood Community College
· Accessing Internet is a privilege granted for the primary purpose of conducting research, completing class assignments, and gaining familiarity with evolving electronic communications.
· Users shall not send offensive, threatening, abusive, obscene, or other such messages to anyone who may be using the system.
· Users shall not use Kirkwood’s computing resources to copy, generate, or transmit obscene files publicly accessible.
· Each user will be financially responsible for any unauthorized commitments made through Internet.
· Users must follow the guidelines as outlined in the AA/EEO policy on Hostile Environments including the viewing and/or printing of any material considered to be offensive or obscene.
· Users shall not engage in invasion of privacy, unauthorized access, violation of copyright laws or any other activity prohibited by these guidelines or by law.
· Access to the Internet may be denied or revoked at any time.