Faculty and Staff
International Programs facilitates and supports faculty and staff in becoming involved in international partnerships and community. Faculty and staff at Kirkwood have many opportunities to serve as host families, mentor families, propose Study Abroad programs, serve as international faculty leaders, assist in short-term visitor programming, etc. Our mission is that every student, faculty, and staff have an international and intercultural experience while at Kirkwood.
Kirkwood's Global Vision: Internationalization
Kirkwood is recognized for the comprehensive global education program we offer:
- The only community college in Iowa with one, centralized international office.
- Ranked in top 20 Associate Degree institutions in the nation by IIE for number of students sent abroad on study abroad programs.
- The only community college in Iowa offering an Intensive ELA (15 hours of ELA instruction per week for students).
- The first community college in Iowa to be SEVIS compliant (2002).
- More international students than any other community college in Iowa.
- More countries represented than any other community college in Iowa.
- 2002 ACIIE Award for Best Comprehensive Global Ed Program