Link to Kirkwood Community College

Man showing student globe


Full-time International Students (F-1/J-1 visa)

STEP 1: Complete the online international application form.

STEP 2: Submit official transcripts showing courses and grades for high school courses, and proof of high school completion. English translation is required. If college work has been completed, submit official college transcript showing courses and grades.

STEP 3: Submit the Financial Statement Form

STEP 4: If avilable, submit TOEFL score. TOEFL is not required - you may take an ELA placement test instead of TOEFL at Kirkwood when you arrive. Minimum scores for college-level course work are: TOEFL: 500; IBT: 63; IELTS: 5.0; SAT: 430; ACT: 18 with English subscore of 18 or higher.

Transfer International Students

Follow steps 1 through 4 and submit a copy each of your I-94, I-20 and International Student SEVIS Transfer Form.

Part-time International Students

Follow steps 1 and 4 and submit a copy each of your I-94 and I-20. Consult with the international student advsor at the school that issued your I-20 to ensure that you are maintaining your student visa status and taking classes that meet your requirements for the acadmic program listed on your I-20.


All students: send your admission documents by mail. Faxes, scans or photocopies are not accepted.

International Programs - 1154 Linn Hall
Kirkwood Community College
6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404