Share your career path and experience with a small group or an entire classroom.
Career speakers open students’ minds to opportunities they may never have considered, as well as inform them about educational and experiential requirements for your particular career field.
You’ll enhance your company’s reputation by positioning yourself high in the minds of local teachers, students and parents, plus you will have a positive influence on the link between education and employment.
Join the Ripple!
Tips for a Successful Career Presentation
- Explain how you developed an interest in your career.
- Give examples of how the student may prepare now for their future careers.
- Describe your job responsibilities, and what personality types fit well with your specific job.
- Bring examples of your work or important tools you use to perform your job.
- List the qualifications or training skills necessary for your career.
- Stress the importance of education and training as a means to obtain goals.
- Use as many personal anecdotes as possible. Students identify with stories.
- Emphasize the importance of teamwork in today's business environment.
- Describe your workplace, work hours, and responsibilities of your job.
- Talk about the impact that technology has had on your career and how it will continue to impact the future.
- Share the advantages/challenges of your job.
- Discuss the importance of and strategies for problem solving.
- Discuss the future growth of your profession. What will your job be like in ten years from now?
Most schools have access to MS Office and the Internet in case you would like to use your company Web site or do a PowerPoint presentation.
Testimonials from area Business Speakers:
“I always enjoy getting out and educating kids and adults about aviation. There is very little aviation information in public, and I'm happy to help get the word out. I am glad to have made a contact in you who can connect me with classrooms around the area.”
Chief Instructor-Iowa Flight Training