Kirkwood Performing Arts Presents the
2014-2015 Theatre Season
Thursday-Saturday showtimes are at 7:30 p.m., with Sunday matinees at 2 p.m.
All events take place in Ballantyne Auditorium unless otherwise noted
All events are free to Kirkwood students, faculty, and staff with their Eagle Card. General admission tickets are $10 adults, and $5 non-Kirkwood students and seniors. Contact (319)398-5899 x4331 or email@example.com for ticket reservations.
The Robber Bridegroom
Book by Alfred Uhry
Music by Robert Waldman
Lyrics by Alfred Uhry
Based on the novella by Eudora Welty
- Performances: November 6, 7, 8, & 9 - 2014
- Auditions: September 2 & 3 at 7:00 p.m. – Ballantyne Auditorium
- Callbacks: September 4 at 7:00 p.m. – Ballantyne Auditorium
Set in eighteenth century Mississippi, the show follows Jamie Lockhart, a rascally robber of the woods, as he courts Rosamund, the only daughter of the richest planter in the country. The proceedings go awry, however, thanks to a case of double-mistaken identity. Throw in an evil stepmother intent on Rosamund's demise, her pea-brained henchman and a hostile talking head-in-a-trunk, and you have a rollicking country romp.
by: Caryl Churchill
- Performances: February 12, 13, 14 & 15 - 2015
- Auditions: November 11 & 12 @ 7:00 p.m. – Art/Theatre Annex Studio 128
- Callbacks: November 13 @ 7:00 p.m. – Art/Theatre Annex Studio 128
This exciting early play by an acclaimed Obie Award winning author was created in association with a British feminist theatre who requested a play about witches. Although Vinegar Tom is set in the 16th or 17th century in rural England, it has a contemporary feel and may be staged very simply. It tells the story of two farm women who are named as witches by a man whom they have spurned sexually. The connection between fear of female sexuality and witch hysteria is shown to be at the root of many of society's problems.
A Lost Letter
I.L. Caragiale, translation by Mircea Tomus
- Performances: April 9, 10, 11, & 12 - 2015
- Auditions: February 17 & 18 at 7:00 p.m. - Art/Theatre Annex Studio 128
- Callbacks: February 19 @ 7:00 p.m. - Art/Theatre Annex Studio 128
The ultimate election-time comedy, replete with adulterous governors, cuckolded elder statesmen, corrupt politicians, drunken voters, and incoherent candidates. Sounds familiar? The action happens to take place in 19th-century Romania, but it would be just as valid today in any other part of the world.
Like us on Facebook!