• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Regular and consistent attendance at work.
• Perform other related work duties as assigned.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow instructions (i.e. menus/recipes) as well as to cook and plan meals.
• Must be able to stand 5-6 hours a day and to squat, reach & bend on a regular basis.
• Must have knowledge of food storage/handling techniques.
• Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in a kitchen setting. Occasional (10-33%) sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent (34-66%) lifting up to 50 pounds. Constant (67-100%) standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, tasting and smelling.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.