· Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels, and escort them to their destination in the building, if needed.
· Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
· Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
· Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such as balancing cash accounts.
· Review accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process.
· Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
· Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
· Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information such as available services and points of interest.
· Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
· Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
· Deliver messages and run errands for guests.
· Explain the operation of room features such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.
· Maintain clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or guests.
· Maintain compliance with required training as designated by supervisor.
· Regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Perform other related work duties as assigned.
· Serve as professional role model.
· Assist students in achieving course objectives.
· Coach and nurture student in performance of skills.
· Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner.
· Ability to operate front desk equipment (e.g., copier, calculator, computer, fax, etc.).
· Demonstrate job flexibility.
· Work effectively and respectfully with diverse personalities. Possess ability to meet and deal effectively and courteously with hotel guests, students, personnel and all members of the community.
· Possess, effective organizational skills, time management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to multitask.
· Assume responsibility and exercise a high level of decision making, good judgment and problem solving skills.
· Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, ad experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) sitting and lifting up to 100 pounds. Frequent (34-66%) Viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) talking and hearing, standing, walking, repetitive motion, and lifting, pushing, and pulling 10-50 pounds.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.