2015-2016 League for Innovation
Student Literary Competition
Deadline to Enter: Friday, March 4, 2016, by 4:59 p.m.
Submit to: Darek Benesh
Kirkwood Community College English Department
3051 Cedar Hall
- Contestants must be 2015-2016 students enrolled for academic courses at Kirkwood Community College.
- Personal Essay (must not exceed 2,500 words)
- One-Act-Play (must not exceed 3,500 words, including stage directions/production notes)
- Fiction (must not exceed 3,500 words)
- Poetry (must not exceed 67 lines)
- A cover page for each entry must include:
- Authors' name
- Home address and phone number
- Title of entry
- Author's ID# (school acronym and genre, e.g. DC-Fiction)
- Local Prizes: (in each category)
- 1st place: $100 (Entry will be sent to national competition.)
- National Prizes: (in each category)
- 1st place: $500
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
Certificates of merit are awarded for all student work submitted to the national competition.