Do you have a physical, emotional or mental disability that prevents you from getting a job or keeping one? If so, and if you meet the eligibility requirements (listed below) from the Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS), our on-campus rehabilitation counselor can work with you to get the help you need. Help may include:

  • adaptive equipment or devices (wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc.)
  • physical therapy
  • counseling and guidance
  • job placement
  • financial help

To be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services you must:

  • Have a physical and/or mental condition that affects your ability to work
  • Be able to get and keep a job after receiving services
  • Need rehabilitation services to help you get and keep a job

Learn more about vocational rehabilitation services by contacting Rehabilitation Counselor Todd Ohnesorge in 102 Iowa Hall on the main campus in Cedar Rapids, 319-398-4925 or 1-800-332-2055-ext. 4925.