Link to Kirkwood Community College

When examining transcripts from other colleges and universities, Kirkwood follows the recommendation of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Kirkwood may accept the credit earned at another school provided our evaluation determines the work was:

Part of the curriculum of an associate degree program equivalent to any of the associate degrees offered by Kirkwood; or for a bachelor’s degree or part of a baccalaureate program.

If you’re currently attending another college and want to transfer to Kirkwood to earn your associate’s degree, here’s what you need to do:

Step 1: Have an official transcript sent to Kirkwood for proper evaluation.

Step 2: Talk with one of the advisors in the Advising and Transfer Center about what classes you’ve already taken and how they apply toward your major or program.

Step 3: We’ll explain how your credits have transfered, based on Kirkwood’s requirements and course equivalencies.

Step 4: Based on what you want to do, what you’re interested in, and your scores on the ACT or COMPASS tests, we’ll help you pick out classes for the upcoming semester. View the score grid.

Step 5: We’ll help you register for classes.

Step 6: We’ll explain exactly what you need to take each semester to earn an associate’s degree.

Step 7: We’ll talk about transferring to a four-year college or university, if that’s what you want to do after graduating from Kirkwood.

See what questions other transfer students have.

If you have questions or need help figuring out course equivalencies, contact us at, 319-398-5540 or 1-800-332-2055 ext. 5540.