Link to Kirkwood Community College

If you’re planning to transfer to a four-year college or university after attending Kirkwood, you’re in good company. Each year hundreds of students transfer their Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees to four-year institutions in Iowa and across the country.

Get your first two years of college in a supportive, affordable atmosphere that builds your skills while giving your mind a healthy challenge to prepare you for the next steps.

We encourage you to plan ahead. Talk with one of the advisors about what you want to major in and what schools you’re thinking about transferring to. We’ll assist you with course selection at Kirkwood to help make sure credits transfer. Meet with representatives from four-year colleges and universities when they come to Kirkwood to talk with students interested in transferring. See who’s coming to visit.

College and University Course Equivalencies
If you would like course equivalencies, please click on the colleges listed below for the information they have. For equivalency information on those colleges that are not hyperlinked, contact an advisor.

Bellevue University
Buena Vista University
Central College
Clarke University
Coe College
Cornell College
Drake University
Grand View University
Iowa State University*
Loras College
Luther College
Mount Mercy University
    Mount Mercy Guaranteed Admission
Morningside College
Northwest Missouri State University
Palmer College of Chiropractic
St. Ambrose University
Simpson College
University of Dubuque
University of Iowa*
   U of I Distance Education Programs
   U of I/Kirkwood 2 Plus 2 Program
   Interested in an online degree through Iowa?
University of Northern Iowa*
University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Upper Iowa University
Wartburg College
Western Illinois University
William Penn University

If you have questions or need help figuring out course equivalencies, contact us at, 319-398-5540 or 1-800-332-2055 ext. 5540.

*For assistance related to transfer of credit to one of Iowa's Regent schools, go to or contact Laura Riley at, 319-398-5899, ext. 5096, or 1-800-332-2055 ext. 5096.