About Us Scholarships Student Success Make a Gift Donor Recognition Alumni & Friends News
Did you know? The Kirkwood Foundation...
• Has total assets exceeding $30 million (as of June 30, 2014).
- Has endowed assets under management of $25 million (market value).
• Has one of the largest community college scholarship programs in the country.
- Manages over 325 scholarship funds, including 150 endowed scholarships.
• Has nearly 400 members in the Samuel J. Kirkwood Society, which is comprised of
individuals who have either created a planned gift to endowed their gift to Kirkwood,
KCCK-FM or the Older Iowans Fund.
• Has nearly 250 members in the President's Circle, which is comprised of donors who make
a minimum cash gift of $1,000 to the Foundation each fiscal year, July 1 to June 30.
• Plans to award a record $2.7 million in scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year.
• Provides funds to support Kirkwood events, staff and faculty development:
· Endowed Faculty Chair program
· Annual endowed lecture series
· Passport to Retirement seminars
• Receives in-kind gifts from the community to further Kirkwood programs. These gifts include
livestock, feed, grain, books, computers, industrial tech equipment, vehicles and much more.