About Us Scholarships Student Success Make a Gift Donor Recognition Alumni & Friends News
Did you know? The Kirkwood Foundation...
• Is one of the largest community college scholarship programs in the country with nearly $3 million in scholarships awarded annually to students from all walks of life. Every Kirkwood student is eligible to apply, and over $16 million has been awarded in the past ten years.
• Has total assets exceeding $31 million as of May 2015 and endowed assets under management of $29 million (market value).
• Administers 347 scholarship funds, including 169 endowments.
• Has nearly 400 members in the Samuel J. Kirkwood Society, comprised of
individuals who have either created a planned gift or endowed their gift to Kirkwood, KCCK-FM or the Older Iowans Fund.
• Has nearly 250 members in the President's Circle, comprised of donors who make a minimum cash gift of $1,000 to the Foundation each fiscal year, July 1 to June 30.
• Provides funds to support Kirkwood events, staff and faculty development such as the Endowed Faculty Chair program, Annual Endowed Lecture Series and Passport to Retirement seminars
• Receives thousands of dollars of in-kind gifts from the community to further Kirkwood programs. These gifts include industrial tech equipment, vehicles, livestock, feed, grain, books, computers and much more.