How to make a gift
Unrestricted contributions to the area of greatest need for student support.
Restricted contributions to a specific area in the college, such as a departmental, named or endowed scholarship fund.
Named gifts to establish a new scholarship.
• An annual scholarship can be established with a $1,000 gift.
• An endowed scholarship can be established with a $15,000 gift. Your investment will
support students or programs in perpetuity at an average of 5% annually.
• Scholarships can be established in your name, the names of you and your spouse, or
to honor of memorialize another individual.
Employee Giving - Payroll Deduction Form
Plan Your Gift
Types of Contributions
• Cash, check or credit card.
• Appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds and mutual fund distributions.
• Personal property such as art, automobiles and equipment.
• Click on the Give Now link below.
• A planned gift, such as bequest, charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust,
charitable lead trust, real estate and retirement plan.
• Donors who give to a permanently endowed fund at a qualified Iowa community
foundation are eligible to receive a 25% state tax credit for their gift.
• Gifts may be designated to benefit the Kirkwood Foundation.
All donors will be recognized in the Kirkwood Foundation annual report. Donors who make
either a planned or endowed gift are invited to become members of the Samuel J. Kirkwood Society. Donors who make a minimum annual cash contribution of $1,000 are recognized as members of the President's Circle. Members at both recognition levels are honored at annual