COMPLIANCE GUIDE INFORMATION
Respiratory Therapist Program Compliance Process
The Respiratory Therapist Program compliance process is comprised of variables in three general areas. These areas are Background Checks, Health Records and Immunizations, and Additional Compliance Certifications. All three areas of the Compliance process are now housed through an online vendor called CastleBranch.
Information to Know Before You Start Compliance Process
- DO NOT begin the Background Check Process until after your Technical Program Orientation has been completed.
- DO NOT set up your CastleBranch Account until after your Technical Program Orientation has been completed.
- Research the information regarding your Health Immunizations Records and Additional Compliance Certificates. These items you can begin to complete and start to gather prior to your Technical Program Orientation.
The following information is a valuable source of information for you throughout your time in the Respiratory Therapist program. You will want to familiarize yourself with the content on this website and use it as your first resource when looking for answers to your clinical compliance questions. What follows is very detailed information and instructions on how and when compliance requirements need to be met for the Respiratory Therapist Program.
Summary of Initial Due Dates
Start of Program
Age Appropriate Care Training
Physical and Immunizations
Proof of Medical Insurance
Fall Semester 1st year
** It is the student’s responsibility to monitor their compliance records and keep them current. Failure to do so can result in a student not being allowed to participate in clinical experiences.
Step #1: Creation of a CastleBranch Account
All students will create and pay for their compliance process through CastleBranch's online process. You will need to visit https://portal.castlebranch.com/KI22 to create your account. Students must use the following information when creating their account based on the standard process determined by the Allied Health Department at Kirkwood Community College. The account creation process is standard for all students so we can assist with questions throughout the process.
- Students visit https://portal.castlebranch.com/KI22 to order their program specific package and create their account.
- Students must submit payment for these accounts at the time they are set up. Please have a debit or credit card avaliable when you sit down to create your account.
Step #2: Background Check Process
Students are required to go through the completion of the background check as part of the Respiratory Therapist Program. Specific steps for the completion of the background check are listed below. Once a student has created their account with CastleBranch, they will have 72 hours to complete the background check process. It is important to complete the background check process within 72 hours or you will be timed out and will have to redo the process at an additional cost to you as a student.
- Once you have your account created, you will download the Background Check forms which must be completed for the CastleBranch background check process. Please remember that these forms must be completed and returned to CastleBranch based on guidelines established. Information on how to return these forms to CastleBranch will be provided in the information you download.
- A SAMPLE copy of this form is here for your review.
Students must submit the Child and Dependent Adult Abuse release form.
DO NOT USE THEM AS DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT.
- Instructions on how to submit these completed forms are housed on the instruction forms you receive in your download. It is important that these forms are submitted to CastleBranch via FAX or EMAIL provided on the Coversheet within 72 hours of starting the process. We are aware that the forms say return within five business days, but WE ARE TELLING YOU 72 HOURS!
Step #3: Health Records and Immunizations
Students are required to complete a program physical and provide documentation that several immunizations have been completed prior to going to clinical rotations. Health Physicals and Immunization records must be submitted to CastleBranch and will be housed in your student account. The following information will show you want forms need to be completed and how to submit them to CastleBranch.
- Students must provide three things to complete the Health Records and Immunizations variables for the compliance process. The General Health Physical, Kirkwood Immunization Record, and Privacy/Confidentiality Statement must be completed on the form provided in the link below.
- Please click the following links to download, print and complete these forms: Health Physical, Immunization Record, Privacy/Confidentiality Statement.
- All records on the form must contain the following information: student's name, student's K#, student's program, signature from the health care provider, clinical contact information (address, phone number, etc) and dates the variables were completed. Forms missing one or all of these will not be accepted by CastleBranch.
- All required immunization items, and details on how to meet requirements, are available in CastleBranch.
- Documents are submitted to CastleBranch via scan and upload, fax or mail for each variable. If you fax or mail, you must print an independent coversheet for each variable.
- All forms must contain your name, K#, and the program that you are in.
- The Fax or Mail Coversheets are housed in the upper-right hand corner of your Document Center portion of your CastleBranch account.
Step #4: Additional Compliance Certifications
Students are required to complete additional compliance certifications based on the program requirements.
- All forms needed for this compliance are found in CastleBranch. Please print the necessary forms to complete these sections of compliance including: U of I Insurance form, front and back of insurance card.
- HIPAA and OSHA (quizzes in Talon, please submit submission view)
Step #5: Print Clinical Compliance Documentation for Clinical Coordinators
- Open up and Log into your CastleBranch account at mycb.castlebranch.com using your email address and password.
- On your student profile page, you need to click on Document Center then My Documents.
- Click on Clinical requirements KI46 Respiratory Therapist Program.
- Click on Results.
- Click on download.
- Results summary will show up in a PDF file and you can print this page.
Questions? Follow these Steps
- Read the Compliance Page again and see if there is anything you missed.
- Contact CastleBranch by locating the CONTACT US link in your CastleBranch Account or use the Instant Messenger feature.
- Contact the Allied Health Department at 319-398-5566 or 2164 Linn Hall.