All students will create and pay for their compliance process through Certified Background's online process. You will need to visit www.certifiedbackground.com
to create your account. Students must use the following information when creating their account based on the standard process determined by the Allied Health Department at Kirkwood Community College. The account creation process is standard for all students so we can assist with questions throughout the process.
Students are required to complete a program physical and provide documentation that several immunizations have been completed prior to going to clinical rotations. Health Physicals and Immunization records must be submitted to Certified Background and will be housed in your student account. The following information will show you want forms need to be completed and how to submit them to Certified Background for completion.
- Students must provide three things to complete the Health Records and Immunizations varibles for the compliance process. The General Health Physical, Kirkwood Immunization Record and Privacy/Confidentiality Statement must be completed on the form provided in the link above.
- Please visit the following link to download, print and complete these forms: Kirkwood Health Records.
- All records on the form must contain the following information: Student's name, student's K#, Students Program, Signature from the health care provider, Clinical Contact Information (address, phone number etc) and Dates the variables were completed. Forms missing one or all of these will not be accepted by Certified Background.
- The following link shows you how to meet the requirments for the immunization items on the checklist: ALHS Immunization Chart
- Documents are sumbitted to Certified Background via scan and upload, fax or mail for each variable to Certified Background. If you fax or mail, you must print an independent coversheet for each variable.
- All forms must contain your Name, K# and the Program that you are in.
- The Fax or Mail Coversheets are housed in the upper-right hand corner of your Document Center portion of your Certified Profile account.
Step #4: Additional Compliance Certifications
Students are required to complete additional compliance certifications based on the program requirements. The following varialbes are part of the Dental Assisting program and must be completed and submitted to Certified Background to complete the process.
Step #5: Print Clinical Compliance Documentation for Clinical Coordinators
1. Open up and Log into your Certified Background Account using your Kirkwood Student email address and k# as your email and password.
2. On your student profile page, you need to VIEW your Background Check results page.
3. On your Background Check results page, you will find a SEAL in the upper-right hand corner of the page. You will see an ALPHA-NUMERIC 6-digit code. You need to copy this 6-digit code.
4. You need to LOG OUT of Certified Background at this point.
6. PASTE the ALPHA-NUMERIC 6-digit code into the area where you would enter your email address.
7. You will then need to enter the last 4 of your Social Security number and click submit. Here you will see a summary of all of your COMPLIANCE ITEMS.
8. You can print this page. The printing of these work better when using FIREFOX and/or CHROME compared to Internet Explorer.
Questions--Follow these Steps
- Read the Compliance Page again and see if there is anything you missed.
- Contact Certified Background by locating the CONTACT US link in your Certified Profile Account or use the Instant Messenger feature.
- Contact the Allied Health Department at 319-398-5566 or 2164 Linn Hall.