Link to Kirkwood Community College
Liberal Arts - Political Science

Liberal Arts - Political Science Transfer 
Students planning to pursue a Political Science degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer.

Academic Advising: By working with your Political Science advisor, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer institution, such as foreign language, laboratory science, diversity and grade point average.

Support from the Department: Social Sciences department faculty and staff members are available to discuss courses and areas of concentration as they relate to your transfer degree.

Scholarships: There are numerous scholarships available specifically for students pursuing a Liberal Arts degree from Kirkwoods Social Sciences department. To view the process, click here.

Transfer Plan: To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in a political science-related degree, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.A. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in Political Science-related courses provides opportunities to explore the discipline of political science, build your resume and prepare for transfer. To view the plan, click here.

For more information contact:
Social Sciences Department
1008 Cedar Hall

Advising and Transfer Center - Cedar Rapids Main Campus
108 Iowa Hall

Student Services - Iowa City Campus
112 Credit Center