Start here. Go anywhere! Start here. Go anywhere! Start here. Go anywhere!

Earn your Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree and prepare yourself to transfer to complete a four-year degree. You can start in the fall, spring or summer. Liberal Arts degrees typically take two years, or four full semesters.

Students enrolled in the Liberal Arts program complete general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer and allow them to sample a variety of courses before choosing a major. Liberal Arts majors typically take writing, math and speech courses early to acquire foundational skills they'll use in other general education and elective courses.

Second-year Liberal Arts students may choose to take course sequences or electives that provide the introductory level so they are better prepared to choose a major after transferring to a four-year college or university.

Kirkwood has articulation agreements with Iowa's Regents' universities. However, it's advisable to check with the transfer institution on specific requirements, especially foreign language and diversity requirements.

See the following degree requirements for AA- and AS- seeking students:

For students who enrolled during the Fall 2015 semester or after: