Link to Kirkwood Community College
Program - Human Services

Liberal Arts - Human Services Transfer
Students planning to pursue a Social Work degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer.

Academic Advising: Kirkwood has articulation agreements with a number of institutions offering degrees in human services-related programs. By working with your Human Services advisor, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer institution, such as foreign language, laboratory science, diversity and grade point average.

Support from the Department: Social Sciences department faculty and staff members are available to discuss courses and areas of concentration as they relate to your transfer degree.

Scholarships: There are numerous scholarships available specifically for students pursuing a Liberal Arts degree from Kirkwoods Social Sciences department. To view the process, click here.

Transfer Plan: To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in an education-related degree, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.A. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in Human Services-related courses provides opportunities to explore the discipline of human services, build your resume and prepare for transfer. To view the plan, click here.

For more information, contact:
Jody Weigel, Program Coordinator
1024 Cedar Hall
319-398-5899 ext. 5715

Angela Gillis, Department Coordinator
1010 Cedar Hall

Advising and Transfer Center--Cedar Rapids Main Campus
108 Iowa Hall
319-398-5540 |

Student Services--Iowa City Campus
112 Credit Center