Link to Kirkwood Community College
Education Careers

Liberal Arts - Education Transfer
Students planning to pursue an Education degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer.

Academic Advising: Kirkwood has articulation agreements with a number of institutions offering degrees in education-related programs. By working with your advisor in Education, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer institution, such as foreign language, laboratory science, diversity and grade point average.

Support from the Department: Social Sciences department faculty and staff members are available to discuss courses and areas of concentration as they relate to your transfer degree.

Scholarships: There are numerous scholarships available specifically for students pursuing a Liberal Arts degree from Kirkwoods Social Sciences department. To view the process, click here.

Transfer Plan: To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in an education-related degree, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.A. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in Education-related courses provides opportunities to explore the discipline of education, build your resume and prepare for transfer. To view the plan, click here.

For more information, contact:
Jean McMenimen, Education Advisor
1017 Cedar Hall
319-398-5899 ext. 5019

Doug Van Oort, Special Education & Paraeducator
1018 Cedar Hall

800-332-2055 ext. 4936

Angela Gillis, Department Coordinator
1010 Cedar Hall

Advising and Transfer Center--Cedar Rapids Main Campus
108 Iowa Hall
319-398-5540 |

Student Services--Iowa City Campus
112 Credit Center