Link to Kirkwood Community College
Liberal Arts - Agriculture Transfer

Liberal Arts Agriculture, Horticulture, Natural Resources Transfer
Students planning to pursue an agriculture, horticulture or natural resources related degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing the general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer. It is recommended that students in this area pursue an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.
Academic Advising: Students interested in this area are encouraged to work through the Agricultural Sciences department for advising. Kirkwood has articulation agreements with many land-grant institutions offering degrees in agriculturally related programs. By working with your advisor in Agricultural Sciences, you can select courses that will meet the requirements of your transfer school.

Support from the Department: Agricultural Sciences Department faculty and staff are available to discuss specific courses and areas of concentration as they relate to your transfer degree.
Scholarships: There are many scholarships available for students entering an agriculturally related program of study. To view the process, click here.
Transfer Plan: To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in an Agriculture, Horticulture or Natural Resources related degree, complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.S. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in agriculturally related courses provides opportunities to explore the discipline of agriculture and build your resume, and prepare for transfer.
To view the plan, click here.
For more information contact:

Agricultural Sciences
22 Washington Hall

Advising and Transfer Center - Cedar Rapids Main Campus
108 Iowa Hall
319-398-5540 |

Student Services - Iowa City Campus
112 Credit Center