Fall 2014 tuition is due by 5 p.m., August 11, 2014. Kirkwood reserves the right to cancel your registration if you have not made payment arrangements or paid your tuition in full, but this does not relieve you from your responsibility to pay the bill or drop classes. If you do not plan to attend a class you're registered for, you must drop it by the last day to drop for that particular class to avoid owing tuition. Failure to attend class or telling a staff member/faculty that you do not plan to attend class does not cancel your registration or your bill.
Payment is due two weeks prior to the start of the term. Payment arrangements consist of:
- Financial Aid Checklist in EagleNet is green, indicating your financial aid is ready to be disbursed.
- Paying your bill online using the "Pay on My Account" link under the Financial Information heading on EagleNet.
- Arranging for a Kirkwood Payment Plan.
- Sending confirmation, in writing, to the One Stop office that your tuition is being paid by an outside agency.
Here are a variety of ways you can make your tuition payment:
Click here to make your payment online through EagleNet. Select "Pay on My Account." Payment options include ACH (e-check) or credit card.
- ACH or e-checks are free of any fees and allow individuals to transfer funds directly from their checking or savings accounts.
- Our payment processor accepts Discover, Visa and MasterCard. Please note that all credit card payments will be assessed a convenience fee of 2.75% of the transaction amount with a $3 minimum fee. Kirkwood Community College does not control this fee nor receive any of the proceeds from this service.
Come to the One Stop office on 2nd floor, Kirkwood Hall, or the front desk at the Iowa City Campus. Cashiers can accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal Check (Made payable to Kirkwood)
- Money Order
- Cashier's Check
- Credit Card - Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Tuition Payment Drop Box
You can deposit your tuition in the drop box outside in the Kirkwood Hall parking lot. Make sure to include your student ID # (k number).
Please include your student ID # (k number). Make your check payable to Kirkwood Community College and send the payment to:
Attn: One Stop Cashier
Kirkwood Community College
PO Box 2068
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-2068
Kirkwood Payment Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, Kirkwood Community College is proud to offer a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $25 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee. You may budget your tuition and fees via an automatic bank withdrawal (ACH) with a valid checking or savings account. Click here for the form.
You can get a receipt printed at the One Stop office on the 2nd floor of Kirkwood Hall. It shows the tuition paid each semester. If you need to have proof of the classes you paid for, please retain your tuition bill or your grade report. Call 398-5679 to request that a receipt be mailed.
Every year in late January, information will be provided to the student, showing the total tuition billed during the previous calendar year. This information will assist the student in claiming The American Opportunity Tax Credit when filing federal income tax forms. It will be important that the student has provided the One Stop office with an accurate mailing address, or elected to receive these documents electronically by completing the 1098 Electronic Consent form under Financial Information on EagleNet.