BSN (Nursing) Transfer
2-year AS degree

Students planning to pursue a BSN (Nursing) degree at a four-year institution follow the Liberal Arts Associate of Science program requirements while at Kirkwood, completing mathematics, science, general education and elective courses that prepare them for transfer. Math and science courses can apply toward the elective requirements needed for the Associate of Science degree.

Liberal Arts - BSN (Nursing) Transfer


Clubs & Organizations

Students interested in studying BSN (Nursing) can work with the Advising and Transfer Center staff for course selection. Kirkwood has articulation agreements with all three state universities and many other four-year institutions in the state. It is recommended that you work closely with your advisor to ensure that you are aware of specific requirements for the institution you will attend, such as foreign language, laboratory science, diversity and grade point average.

Several Kirkwood awards are designated for students interested in a Science,Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field: National Science Foundation S-STEM scholarship, Rockwell Collins STEM Scholarship, ACT Endowed Scholarship, Rohde Family Engineering Scholarship, Shive-Hattery Engineering Scholarship, Ervin Poduska Memorial Math and Science Scholarship, Gene Phillips Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Genecor Scholarship, Highway Equipment Company Endowed Scholarship, Giacoletto Foundation Scholarship, and Jim and Patricia Nemmers Endowed Scholarship. Apply for scholarships.

To transfer to a four-year college or university and major in BSN (Nursing), complete the Kirkwood Liberal Arts A.S. degree. Fulfilling electives with credits in BSN (Nursing) classes provides opportunities to build your resume and prepare for transfer.

Will my STEM credits transfer? STEM Advisor.


What career could this lead to? Explore careers.

Math/Science | 1184 Linn Hall | 319-398-5516 |