Depending on your individual needs, we can provide classroom and individualized instruction, Internet and computer-based instruction, aptitude and skills assessment, counseling, advising and peer tutoring. Learning Services arranges special accommodations for students with learning disabilities, such as sign language interpreters or textbooks on tape.
Services we provide:
- The Test Center provides COMPASS placement testing and exams for Distance Learning courses, departmental exams and various certification testing.
- Tutoring Services provides free tutors for many Kirkwood courses.
- Student Support Services offers writing instruction, college survival skills, tutoring, and counseling services for eligible students.
- VITAL (Vocational Individualized Training and Learning) assists high school special education students transition to Kirkwood.
- Disability Accommodation Services helps arrange reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
- The Assistive Technology Lab helps students requiring specialized software and/or devices.
- Cedar Employment Opportunities is a sheltered workshop located in Tipton, Iowa, that serves adults with developmental disabilities..
- Focused Skill Training provides support services for Kirkwood students with Asperger's or Autism.
- The PrairieWood Transition Center is a post-secondary learning program for students with disabilities, run by the College Community School District.
What we teach: