The Kirkwood Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has been serving the eastern Iowa counties of Linn, Benton and Jones since 1988. Its office – one of 16 regional assistance centers in the Iowa Small Business Development Centers network – is located in the Kirkwood Training and Outreach Services facility in Marion, Iowa.
Successful entrepreneurs possess vision, determination and a relentless desire to obtain sound advice from outside experts. The Kirkwood SBDC provides free counseling to entrepreneurs who are planning or operating small businesses. Services available include:
- One-on-one, confidential counseling by qualified professionals;
- A variety of learning opportunities, including workshops, classes, online assistance, publications and other resources;
- Connections to other service providers, federal, state and local resources, sources of capital, and similar small-business assistance.
Between 2007 and 2013, the Iowa Small Business Development Centers have
- Counseled 15,172 clients in 78,690 hours.
- Trained 24,225 people in 1,782 workshops.
Since 2007, clients of the 16 centers have
- Created 6,625 jobs and saved 2,747 jobs.
- Raised $330,164,278 in new capital.
- Reported sales growth of over $180,000,000.
- Started 908 new businesses.
For valuable information about the Iowa Small Business Development Centers and their business assistance programs, go to http://www.iowasbdc.org/.
Scott Swenson | Regional Director
Kirkwood Small Business Development Center
3375 Armar Drive
Marion, IA 52302
P 319 377-8256
F 319 398-5698
Cedar Rapids/Marion Information
The statewide program of the Iowa Small Business Development Centers is hosted by Iowa State University’s College of Business. Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Interim Assistant Director of Equal Opportunity and Compliance, 3280 Beardshear Hall, (515) 294-7612.
Iowa Small Business Development Centers are funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed on this web page are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
Additional funding for this program is provided by the State of Iowa. Support for regional centers is provided by Iowa’s Regent universities, community colleges, and other contributed funds. This Center’s host is Kirkwood Community College.