Link to Kirkwood Community College

Effective January 2, 2014, we will no longer have the ability to produce official GED® scores and transcripts for any student who has taken the assessment. All GED® requests need to be made through the Iowa Department of Education. Students may access a copy of the records request by clicking here.

For additional information contact:

Iowa Department of Education
(515) 281-7308 or

Eastern Iowans can receive their high school equivalency diploma (HSED) by completing our Iowa Board of Education approved program. You can get a HSED by successfully completing several multiple choice tests that cover reading, writing, social studies, science and math.

The greatest difference between a HSED and a high school diploma is that the HSED demonstrates competency in all five subject areas by successfully completing exams in those areas, whereas a high school diploma is received by earning credits and fulfilling a school’s curriculum requirements. Some colleges, branches of the armed forces and employers have specific high school diploma requirements, so it is important to investigate these when making career and educational plans.

You can participate in the HSED programs at many of Kirkwood's locations and we offer test preparation and practice testing. An orientation process will be required prior to starting practice testing. At Kirkwood's county centers, certified instructors measure your abilities through HSED practice tests and other assessment tools.

For more information, call 319-784-1510. Don't wait. Come on in and get started today!

Be aware of companies that claim to offer testing over the Internet or through correspondence courses. There are NO online or correspondence testing programs that can give you your HSED. Persons can ONLY take the official test for a HSED at an approved Iowa test center.