Students who have taken classes before
If you are NOT a new student, you can register for classes beginning in November. See Sharon in Cedar Rapids; see Olga or Richard in Iowa City.
if you are a NEW student, before you can register, you need to do this:
- Apply online to be a student at Kirkwood http://www.kirkwood.edu/apply
- Take the ESL placement test. This test is free, and you do not need an appointment. It can be taken in Cedar Hall at the Cedar Rapids campus, or at the Iowa City campus.
- Register and Come to a New Student Orientation - Please bring your test scores!
- It is mandatory to be present when orientation begins.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, do so as soon as possible. Go to this website: http://www.fasfa.gov
If you have questions, call Sharon (319) 398-4998 on the Cedar Rapids campus. In Iowa City call Olga (319) 887-3952 or Richard (319) 887-3644. You can also email ELA@kirkwood.edu.