Transfer of Military Credit

Kirkwood Community College

Kirkwood Community College Credit Catalog 2018-2019

Transfer of Military Credit

Kirkwood awards transfer credit for basic training and non-MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) courses completed while in the military provided the course is listed in the ACE (American Council on Education) Guide. To receive credit, students must provide documentation by submitting official military transcripts to the VA certifying official.

Non-MOS transfer credit is awarded as technical elective credit only. No more than 16.0 hours of technical credit will be awarded. This is in accordance with the Liaison Advisory Committee on Transfer Students (LACTS) agreement between Iowa community colleges and public universities.

The Alternative Credit policy allows students to apply for MOS-based credit.